Sunday, December 13, 2009

Joy to the World, It's Porcelain

I'm not much for holiday decorating.  Plop a neon pink plastic Christmas tree next to the Russ Santa Troll and call it a day, in my book.  Oh, and don't forget the glitter be-decked mini stocking for...my cat.  You know, for when Santa Claws shows up.


Rarely am I excited by much in the holiday vein, probably because it would ruin the aesthetic of my apartment, and also because I have a hard time spending good money on something that will only be around for a few weeks.

I would gladly make an exception, though, for the Nativity Scene in porcelain by Massimo Giacon for Alessi.  Look at that fun, happy little family!  Throw in a donkey (?) and a...something else and voila!  It's the perfect little mod Christmas decoration.  At $92, it's a bit steep for a temporary decoration, but I Alessi stuff is made to last, so it might very well be the last manger scene I need.


Therefore, consider it officially added to my ever-growing, semi-fabulous Conspicuous Consumption Christmas list.  The porcelain Baby Jesus approves.

3 comments:

JavaJennifer on December 13, 2009 at 2:44 PM said...

These are precious. Where can I get one?

EmilyHaHa on December 13, 2009 at 2:56 PM said...

Isn't it just the best? Last time I checked, they had it at RCKNDY on U Street, which is where I first saw it. It might still be there!

J on December 13, 2009 at 8:18 PM said...

It is sooo cute!

Post a Comment