Thursday, December 3, 2009

Conspicuous Consumption Christmas Item of the Day

December's just flying along, dear readers!! For today's very special Conspicuous Consumption Christmas Item of the Day comes to you courtesy of one of the fiveteen bazillion daily emails I receive with "special" "insider" "deals" that only I and most women with computers I know are able to access.

I'm a huge fan of Frye, though, even if their size 11 is just right (wish they ran a tad bigger) for tights-clad feet. And I'm a sucker for shoes in rich colors, like this vibrant navy Matilda Boot. This pair is available in my size, however, only in black, but no worries! I'd get them anyway just because they remind me of one of my first and most beloved pair of boots, a spat-style leather and suede ankle-high version that were WAY before their time. (You laughed then, junior high colleagues, but who was fashion forward in retrospect, huh? That's what I thought.)

The narrow toe box and curved heel are elegant and ladylike, but the stud accent along the calf gives these an edge. Love it! Again, I've happened to stumble across an item on sale, this time marked down to $313.60 from $448.00, a saving of 30%. Not too shabby for Frye's, which are hard to score at a discount, especially the cool ones. Hmm...should I go for 'em?

0 comments:

Post a Comment