Monday, August 17, 2009

Motivashun...I haz it

Yeah, I've been kind of a bad blogger lately. Or rather, not a blogger at all. Apologies for my absence; it's been too hot to do anything but stare at a fan and drink diet ginger ale most recent days. That's no excuse though, I know. But it's all I got.

On the training front, I'm down to just a little over two months to go before my first 10k. Most days I think I've made a mistake, that I'm in over my head, alternatively too ambitious and too lazy. More importantly, I often think I'm utterly incapable of completing the task ahead of me.

Then I got my official t-shirt today. No, I'm not going to wear it for the race - it's dark brown and heavy cotton - but I desperately needed an ounce of inspiration, and I think I found it.


"A few good miles." That's it. That's all I have to give. And I can do that, right? I know I can. I can feel it. Sure, the next couple of months might be rough at times, but I have this in me. Tomorrow, I start over again for the zillion-thousandth time, hopefully with a newfound purpose in my stride. I hope to report back very soon that I'm logging some miles on the treadmill and sidewalk and that all of this blustering wasn't in vain.

A few good miles...

1 comments:

Marilyn on August 17, 2009 at 2:27 PM said...

What a great sayiing...for a great cause !!

GO EMILY !!! Remember that ?

Post a Comment