Thursday, June 4, 2009

Sweat Equity

Ugh. I hate hot weather. Heck, I hate warm weather. Why? One word: sweat. For as long as I can remember, I've been a sweatier than average person, but this problem has only been compounded as the weight's crept on over the past few years.

It's to the point now that I'm extremely self conscious about my appearance whenever the temperature hits 75. Do I look overly hot? Is my shirt damp? Does my hair look like I just got out of the pool, even though I don't even know how to swim?


It's crummy, for sure. However, I've noticed that as I'm exercising more and getting my heart rate up with greater frequency, I may still sweat, but I'm able to cool down much faster. This is a relief. As much as I want to kick myself every single day for "letting myself go," I'm constantly reminded how small changes can make a big difference. And for that I am grateful...

3 comments:

KT on June 4, 2009 at 9:51 AM said...

I think lots of people have this problem - and they all ride my bus in the morning...so don't sweat it...hehehe.

Marilyn on June 4, 2009 at 11:57 AM said...

Nice comment KT !! I'm sure that helped :)
Keep workin' and sweat those pounds away !!

Anonymous said...

You should look into some true "running clothes". The nice stuff from New Balance, Brooks, Northface, etc all wick away moisture from your skin too keep you cooler. I have a bunch of new running clothes and, believe me, it's money well spent! :)

Post a Comment