Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Picture This

The thing is, I no longer have a full-length mirror in my apartment. In fact, I try to avoid looking at mirrors altogether these days. I mean, I know what I look like; I live with my own body every day. But to be constantly visually reminded, well...that's another thing.

Totally randomly I have been receiving Prevention magazine in the mail for months now. Its target audience is women over 40, so they've got it half right. But there are some interesting factoids in there, along with several delicious recipes and whatnot. And there's this totally awesome/completely terrifying online component where you can punch in your statistics - height/weight/etc. - and out pops a virtual model of what you look like. To wit...

The on on the left (duh) is me at my current weight and on the right at approximately 175 pounds. What a difference! I mean, seriously - this li'l pic is some major motivation all by itself. Do I really believe that this faux-me is a realistic representation of present and future? To an extent, yes. There are margins of error in these types of programs, for sure. But it's enough for me to realize I need to keep pushing...keep going...keep moving forward...

2 comments:

Natasha on June 11, 2009 at 7:57 AM said...

You can do it! Like Nemo, just keep swimming... I'm amidst my own personal revolution now, and it sucks balls but damn, I've got to, you know? Gambatte ne, as they say in Japan!!!

Marilyn on June 11, 2009 at 5:07 PM said...

135 days and counting !! Just do it !

Post a Comment