Monday, April 13, 2009

Weight Worries

Nope, it's not what you're thinking. It's the worried feeling I get every time I know I need to hit the free weights and machines at the gym. Is it because there are a bunch of meatheads hanging out, pumping up, Ah-nold style? Nope. Ninety-five percent of the men at the gym I attend are gay, so I'm definitely not worried about being hit on or called out because of my sex.

It's just the darn machines themselves. Last year I did a smart thing and sprang for six sessions with a personal trainer. And he was incredibly helpful in getting me to be comfortable with and around the equipment. Even if I did have to move the bar to the lightest weight setting, at least I could sit down on the equipment and have some clue as to what I should be doing.

So now that I'm back at it, gym-wise (kinda/sorta), those weights are calling my name again. And I've decided that the best way to deal with them is just to suck it up, walk over there, and get my lift on. Oh, and have this picture in my head:

0 comments:

Post a Comment