Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Sorry seems to be the hardest word...

This is the first day of the rest of my life. Or some such nonsense. No, really. I'm turning over my body and mind to healthy living and what do I do? I buy two packs of Hansen's Natural Sparkling Sleek soda. No big deal, you say, right? But I only drink diet soda. So I nearly freaked out when I realized my delightful little can of Blueberry-Pomegranate I cracked open on the way to work contained 90 calories. Ninety! I bought the wrong thing! Horror of horrors!

Now, in the past, this type of thing would have been enough to send this gal into apoplectic food and beverage shock, wherein the entire day would be "ruined" and, well, since I've already had a non-diet item this early, why not go for a whole day of crap?

But then I stopped. And regained my rational brain-thinking capabilities. Ninety calories does not a "bad" day make. In fact, I might even enjoy this soda for what it is: fruity and fizzy and delicious. I might taste it, instead of just gulping it down out of habit or boredom or whatever. Hmmm... This makes me realize something.

I need to apologize to myself. "Sorry self! Sorry for all of these years of mistreatment and nasty thoughts and inattention and negativity." That's it. I just needed to apologize to myself. But that's really hard to do. Much harder than I've ever been willing to admit. But I think I'm ready now. And guess what? That soda was delicious...

0 comments:

Post a Comment