Monday, April 20, 2009

The Play's the Thing

So...I was part of the cast of the Vagina Monologues this weekend. I know! All girl stuff and whatnot and hoo-ha. But actually, not really. This production was mercifully free of any touchy-feely girly nonsense and more focused on the cause - namely, the prevention of violence against women. Eve Ensler's vday.org is celebrating ten years (I was there for the first one!) and it's an honor and a privelege to be a part of this movement.

Also...I had to let go of any body issues and just get on the stage and play my part. Ugh. It wasn't easy! I was easily five inches taller and probably 50 pounds heavier than the next cast-mate. But you know what? It was all good. I found a fabulous red/pink costume and acted my heart out. I haven't been on stage in the nearly two years since my departure from ComedySportz, yet I felt just as home under the klieg lights as I ever had.

In the meantime, I'm prepping for a new job on Monday (details forthcoming) and happy that said job has an on-site gym. Will keep you posted...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Em! You'll love them lunchtime workouts!

EmilyHaHa on April 21, 2009 at 2:05 PM said...

I know! You'll have to coach me on the best utilization of my time...

Post a Comment