Monday, December 28, 2009

It's Not Too Late...

...to buy me a gift from my very special Conspicuous Consumption Christmas list!  No, really: New Year's gifts are perfectly acceptable.  I promise.



Unfortunately, over the break, my usual cat-sitter was unable to stop by by apartment, unbeknownst to me.  In a panic of my widdle kittehs, I rushed home, only to find both H & P well fed and watered.  But how did they do it?


I'll tell you how.  They opened the kitchen cabinets, removed their cat food container, tore the lid off, and ate straight out of the Tupperware.  Well, isn't that resourceful?


And very messy.  Which is why really, really, really, want a Kartell Componibili set for my place.  I could close the door on the kittehs and stash the cabinet somewhere out of the way.  And even if they did have to open it, they could just slide the door over, not tear one from its hinges.


I'll admit the silver is pretty sweet, and the red is ravishing, but I'd prefer one in black, both for simplicity and price sake.  They're not that expensive.  Relatively speaking, that is.  The three-door version comes in at $160 (free shipping!) and it goes down from there.


Designed by Anna Castelli Ferrieri in 1969, I think they have the perfect mid-century modern look.  And they're compact enough for small spaces.  And - I think - ABS molded plastic should prove a bit more of a deterrent for the kittehs.  Maybe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment