Thursday, May 14, 2009

Don't Call Me...I'll, um...

Well, I can't call you. Because I don't have a mobile phone right now. In fact, I haven't had a mobile phone for over three weeks at this point.

Guess what? I haven't missed it. Not for a moment.

Even when I was unable to reach the people for whom I was supposed to babysit...I used a pay phone.

Even when I really, really wanted to order a pizza...I used their online ordering option.

Even when I... Wait. Those are the only two times I needed a mobile phone. So there.

To all those hunched-back, semi-zombies on public transit, lingering on their every email notification - get a life.

To all those text-obsessed, can't miss a missive backlit-keyboard-illuminated drones - get a life.

To all those attached-at-the-hip, can't-leave-my-desk-without-being-connected paranoids - get a life.

Yep. I get an iPhone from work this week. But I dare you to catch me looking at it.

1 comments:

Marilyn on May 16, 2009 at 5:36 AM said...

Well...I have missed talking to you. But you do make several good points to the phone "addicts" !

Post a Comment