Saturday, November 14, 2009

You've Been Outbid: Vintage Orange Plastic Caddy

The rumors are true: I like used things. You know, "not new." As in pre-worn, pre-loved, scratch 'n' dent, floor model, et. al. There's just something cool about acquiring a piece that I know a thousand other people aren't ordering out of the same catalog.

This, in turn, has led to me becoming an eBay dork of sorts. As in, I troll eBay quasi-obsessively for that perfect mid-century modern tchotchke that I can't possibly live without. Now of course I *can* live without it (600 sq ft apartment, 2 cats, 300+ books - you can do the math), but there's no harm putting a single bid on something, is there?

That's why I'm starting a new feature on this bloggety-blog: You've Been Outbid. Every week, or more often as the spirit moves me, I'll place a single bid on an eBay item I think I need...and leave it at that. No upping my minimum, no obsessively checking the auction as the last two minutes dwindle. Just one bid. And crossed fingers. Let's see how I do, shall we?


Up first is this humdinger of a vintage party tray, in my accent color of choice, safety orange. "Hey - you don't even entertain!" I heard you, dear reader, really I do. But if I had this tray, I must just invite some people over, non? I think so. And at $15.99 plus shipping, I'd be doing quite well in the outlay of cash department, too. Four days and five hours to go...

P.S. - One last thing. For those of you with equally exquisite taste as moi, worry not that I'll hunt you down if you consistently outbid me on these items. There are enough beautiful things to go around...

2 comments:

Marilyn on November 14, 2009 at 12:17 PM said...

This would make a great jewelry tray !!
I just read where orange and raspberry are the HOT colors !!
Colors are good !

J on November 14, 2009 at 7:05 PM said...

I was just thinking the same thing - great jewelry tray! Great minds...

Post a Comment